Cashew Caramel Frozen Dessert Tarts are a gluten-free, dairy free, vegan and and totally sensational tasting! A decadent frozen dessert perfect for those summertime get-togethers.
Is there anything better than a cool frozen treat on a hot summer day? I don’t think so, and this is one recipe your family and friends will love. Cashew Caramel Frozen Dessert Tarts make an impressive dessert which is quick and easy to make. I made individual tarts, but this recipe could easily be made into to a pie by simply doubling the recipe. The recipe starts with amazing crust made with cashews, almonds, dates and coconut. I could have eaten the crust like a bowl full of cereal. Totally vegan and gluten free for all to enjoy. The tarts are then filled with So Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert.
My husband is not one for trying new things, especially food related, but of course having a wife with a food blog he has little choice in the matter. So when I made these tarts I didn’t tell him they were dairy free. After two spoonfuls he said “This is probably one of the best desserts you’ve made”. He couldn’t believe it was dairy free! The smooth and creamy texture of SO Delicious Cashewmilk frozen dessert is so scrumptious. It is also gluten free, soy free, certified vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified! No artificial colors, flavours, or sweeteners. SO Delicious has plenty of flavour combinations to choose from so check out all their heavenly flavours here.
I had the pleasure of partnering with SO Delicious for this post and featured my favourite flavour Salted Caramel Cluster in this recipe. I truly enjoyed this product and will certainly be using in more upcoming recipes and straight up with a spoon.
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- ⅔ cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 container (500ml) SO Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert (Salted Caramel Cluster)
- Decorate with:
- ¼ cup vegan organic dark chocolate melted
- 4 tbsp. toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- Using a food processor blend together cashews, almonds and coconut nuts are well chopped, but still chunky texture.
- Add maple sugar and dates, blending until nuts and dates are coarsely ground. Don't over blend or mixture will become buttery.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend for about 5 seconds. (just until combined)
- Press firmly into foil tart shells. (about 2 tbsp. per shell)
- Place in freezer to firm up.
- Fill tart shells with SO Delicious Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert Salted Caramel Cluster Flavour
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of So Delicious. Opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting brands who help support Art and the Kitchen.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine.