Coconut Curry Chicken is a perfect chicken dish with tender chicken baked in an delicious curry sauce.
This top-notch recipe was perfect for utilizing the Meal Mugs I received from CorningWare. These 20-oz Meal Mugs™ make cooking up memorable meals as easy as 1, 2, 3. It’s the only tool you’ll need to make everything from coffee and cocoa to soup, chili, oatmeal and more. My son loves using Meal Mugs to take to work so he can enjoy a hot lunch by simply heating in the microwave. The lids seal tight and are vented to allow steam to escape, keeping your microwave clean and you safe from steam burns! The Patented vented lids are BPA free, microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe. DO NOT put lids in oven!
Coconut Chicken Curry is deliciously seasoned with mild curry paste and coconut milk. A full all-in-one meal with veggies and rice and chicken. This easy to make dish freezes very well and is perfect for making in CorningWare® Meal Mugs. The mugs are made of durable stoneware material and are dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, microwave & pre-heated oven safe. (meaning, do not put it in when the oven is cold, only once it’s been pre-heated for even cooking and prevents damage if it heats up unevenly).
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I used Jasmine)
- 16 oz skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups julienned carrots (can also be diced)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk (14oz/400ml)
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- Cook rice.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- While rice is cooking, prepare chicken curry.
- Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of oil. Add chicken and onions.
- Cook until onions translucent and chicken is browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and carrots; cooking for an addition 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice. Combine well.
- Stir in peas and rice, then divide equally into 4 CorningWare Meal Mugs, or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil or casserole lid.
- Bake 350º for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts
I love my CorningWare Meal Mugs, they clean up easy and the non-porous surface does not absorb food odours, flavours or stain. Canadian retailers that carry the Meal Mugs – Amazon.ca, Walmart Canada, Loblaws, Home Outfitters, London Drugs
www.shopworldkitchen.com ships to Canadian customers too!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by CorningWare. I have been compensated for this post but as always the opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make Art and the Kitchen possible.