No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie is my all-time favourite pumpkin pie recipe. A huge hit every time I make it!
This No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie recipe will have everyone LOVING Pumpkin Pie, even those that claim they don’t like pumpkin pie will be coming back for seconds. A no- bake version with a delicious cheese cake layer, topped with a pudding pumpkin layer, then a final layer of whipped cream. The original recipe is from Kraft Foods. I clipped and saved this recipe from a magazine back 1991. I modified the recipe a tad for my version of No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie, such as doubling the cream cheese layer. The recipe is so quick and simple to prepare. You can make your own graham pie crust or buy a pre-made one. I like to use my Gingersnap Pie Crust.
One problem people ran into with this recipe was the pumpkin layer being too runny. The problem was the brand of pumpkin used. I have only ever used E.D Smith which is really thick. Some brands may have too much water content. You can also use pumpkin pie filling and reduce the amount of spice added.
No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie
Author: Laureen King
- 1 8oz pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cold half and half (can use milk if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 cups thawed Cool Whip topping
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 pkgs (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 can (16oz) pumpkin (I use E.D. Smith Brand) some brands are too runny!
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 2 tbsp. half and half and sugar with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
- Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping. (make sure full combined together)
- Spread on bottom on pie crust. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread evenly)
- Pour 1 cup half and half into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk until blended 1 minute. (do not use mixer or it will get lumpy)
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices into pudding and mix well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread carefully and evenly over pie, so layers don't mix together).
- Top with 2 cups Cool Whip topping.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
*note I only use E.D Smith pure pumpkin which is really thick. Other people have used other brands which are not as thick (too much water content) and have had problems with pumpkin layer being too runny.