This quick and easy recipe for Panko Crusted Chicken will guarantee you moist, tender chicken.
I always had a problem with dry, tough chicken breasts because I overcooked them. I guess I was a bit paranoid about poisoning people with undercooked chicken. My problem was solved with the help of my good friend and amazing cook Lisa. She made me buy a meat thermometer! Not only will you now have the correct doneness of meat, you also don’t have to cut into it and lose those moisture saving juices. The following recipe for Panko Crusted Chicken is so quick and easy to prepare, you’ll be making if often.
Panko Crusted Chicken
Author: Laureen King
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- Set up 3 stations (I use pie plates for this)
- Plate 1 - flour
- Plate 2 - mix together eggs and milk
- Plate 3 - mix together breadcrumbs, basil, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper.
- Preheat oven 350. In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Dip chicken into flour, shake off excess, then dip into egg mixture, then press into breadcrumb mixture to get nice thick coating.
- Brown medium heat in frying pan until golden.
- Transfer to baking pan in oven to finish cooking uncovered for about 30-40 minutes, temperature of 165. Serves 4.