The classic combination of turkey and cranberry in a great tasting appetizer, Turkey Cranberry Puff Pastry Bites. A tasty recipe for leftover turkey.
My family couldn’t get enough of these appetizers. A huge hit! Turkey Cranberry Puff Pastry Bites are an easy to make appetizer for your Holiday parties. The filling can be made ahead of time, then quickly assembled when ready to serve. This incredible filling would also taste terrific served cold in a sandwich on or on crackers.
Turkey Cranberry Puff Pastry Bites are tasty combination of simple ingredients.
This delicious filling tastes terrific baked and served warm with melted Swiss cheese, but also tastes great served cold.
I used a 2 1/4 inch cookie cutter to the puff pastry to make about 16 appetizers.
Parchment paper is something I always use when baking on my cookie sheets. It makes for easy cleanup, prevents sticking and bakes things up perfectly. Remember to prick the puff pastry before adding the filling.
I used a cookie scoop to make heaping high scoops of filling on the pastry.
Preheat oven to 400ºF and bake for about 18-20 minutes and serve warm.
- 1 puffed pastry sheet (½ of 16 ounce package)
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Defrost puff pastry sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl toss together turkey, celery, onion, cranberries, swiss cheese and parsley.
- Mix in mayonnaise, dijon mustard and ground pepper. Combine well.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet on lightly floured work surface.
- Cut out 15- 20 circles (2¼ inch diameter).
- Transfer to baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Prick the centers with a fork.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp. of filling onto each pastry round. I use a cookie scoop to do this.
- Bake at 400ºF in oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.