Gluten-free Non Dairy Nut Dessert Tarts are dairy free, vegan and and totally sensational tasting! A decadent frozen dessert with a gluten-free crust made with cashews, almonds, dates and coconut.
Is there anything better than a cool frozen treat on a hot summer day? Gluten-free Non Dairy Nut Dessert Tarts make an impressive dessert that is quick and easy to make. I made individual tarts, but this recipe could easily be made into to a pie by simply doubling the recipe. The recipe starts with amazing crust made with cashews, almonds, dates and coconut. I could have eaten the crust like a bowl full of cereal. Totally vegan and gluten free for all to enjoy. The tarts are filled with a dairy free cashew frozen dessert.
My husband is not one for trying new things, especially food related, but of course having a wife with a food blog he has little choice in the matter. So when I made these tarts I didn't tell him they were dairy free. After two spoonfuls he said "This is probably one of the best desserts you've made". He couldn't believe it was dairy free! There are so many different dairy free frozen dessert flavors to try. In addition to cashew, I like coconut and almond.
Gluten-free Non Dairy Nut Dessert Tarts
- ⅓ cup cashews
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut organic shredded
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- ⅔ cup dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 6 cups dairy free frozen dessert
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate melted
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
- Using a food processor blend together cashews, almonds and coconut nuts are well chopped, but still chunky texture.
- Add maple sugar and dates, blending until nuts and dates are coarsely ground. Don't over blend or mixture will become buttery.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend for about 5 seconds. (just until combined)
- Press firmly into foil tart shells. About 2 tablespoons per shell.
- Place in freezer to firm up.
- Fill tart shells with your favorite dairy free frozen dessert.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.