During my visit I was so thrilled to celebrate my Birthday (29th – again) with Lisa and her family. For my Birthday meal she created the most amazing chicken dish ever and graciously agreed to share it with me for my blog. This is an impressive dish that would be great to make for a dinner party or special meal, yet easy enough to cook any day of the week.
Lisa's Chicken Quinoa Veggie Plate
- 4 chicken breast bone in
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced yellow or red would also work
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 4 cups fresh spinach or arugula
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Chili Aioli sauce store bought
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- In large frying pan heat olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts and pan fry medium heat until done.
- As chicken is cooking prepare Quinoa.
- In medium saucepan mix together 1 1/2 cups Quinoa with 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup white wine.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked deglaze pan with 1/2 cup white wine.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup Aioli sauce.
- Simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- While chicken is simmering in separate skillet sauté mushrooms, broccoli, beans and peppers.
- Remove chicken from sauce, keep warm until ready to plate.
- Stir vegetables into sauce.
Cover plate with fresh spinach greens.
Top with 1/2 - 3/4 cup cooked Quinoa.
Place chicken breast on top of Quinoa.
Ladle vegetables and sauce over chicken.
If desired drizzle additional Aioli sauce on top.