I was recently given the opportunity through Food Bloggers of Canada to try out a collection of gourmet sauces from Pulo Philippine Cuisine*. Pulo is an authentic collection of sauces and marinades inspired by the 7000 islands of the Philippines. In addition to the exquisite flavour of these sauces and marinades, I like the fact that they have no artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives. They are also 100% vegan for those that follow a vegan diet.
I chose the Kare Kare Toasted Peanut cooking sauce for my recipe for pork medallions. Pulo Philippine Cuisine Sauce helped me make a delicious, savoury dish in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 jar Pulo Philippine Cuisine Kare Kare Toasted Peanut cooking sauce
- 1 large strip pork tenderloin cut into 8 thick medallions
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Sear pork on medium high heat until golden brown on both sides (about 3-5 mins per side)
- Remove from pan, cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet add sliced mushrooms and green onion, sauté until mushrooms are browned.
- Add jar of Pulo Philippine Cuisine Kare Kare Toasted Peanut cooking sauce.
- Add pork medallions, stir to coat pork with sauce.
- Bake uncovered in oven 350 degrees until pork is fully cooked. (160 degrees)