Strawberry Coconut Bread French Toast is a terrific flavour combination of fresh strawberries and coconut bread.
This recipe for Strawberry Coconut Bread French Toast makes for a special weekend breakfast or brunch. It is very easy to prepare and tastes so delicious. I bought the coconut bread from a local Asian grocery store where they make it fresh everyday. Add some fresh strawberries to the dish and you have a special brunch recipe to serve your weekend company.
Strawberry Coconut Bread French Toast
Strawberry Coconut Bread French Toast is a terrific flavour combination of fresh strawberries and coconut bread.Print Rate
- 5-6 slices fresh Coconut bread
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups fresh strawberries cut in half
- 2-3 tbsp sugar adjust depending on the sweetness of your strawberries
- 1 tbsp fine minute tapioca
- 4 tbsp butter
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Mix together strawberries, sugar and tapioca.
- Grease casserole baking dish or 9x9 pan with butter.
- Pour strawberries into baking pan.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs and milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dip coconut bread into egg mixture, coat both sides. Leave bread in egg mixture long enough to allow bread to absorb a good amount of the egg mixture.
- Place bread on top of strawberries.
- Bake uncovered 350º oven for about 30 minutes until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with a pat of butter and maple syrup.