Turkey Bean Chili
A hearty and healthy chili made with ground turkey
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes don't drain
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
In large skillet heat oil, add turkey and cook until browned.
Season with salt and pepper
Add red pepper, onions, and garlic, cook until tender.
Stir in tomatoes, beans and corn.
Add in all the spices.
Heat to boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
If you find chili too thick thin with tomato juice.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1405IU | Vitamin C: 35.4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.7mg