Honey Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Homemade Honey pizza dough is the key to making this great tasting Pepperoni Pizza.
- 1 package active dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- thinly sliced pepperoni enough to cover pizza 50-60 slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese coarsely grated
- 1 cups cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 2 cups fresh thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can pizza sauce
Add 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees) to small bowl with honey, add yeast to dissolve.
Combine flour and salt in electric mixer bowl with dough hook attachment.
Add oil to the yeast mixture and 3/4 cup warm water.
Add yeast mixture to flour and mix on low speed until dough comes cleanly away from sides of bowl.
Turn dough out onto floured work surface and knead by hand for 2-3 minutes.
Place in lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Let sit for 30-40 minutes.
Stretch dough evenly onto greased pizza stone.
Spread pizza sauce over dough.
Top with pepperoni slices, mushrooms, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Bake 450º for 15-25 minutes until done.