This quick and easy recipe for Honey Crust Pepperoni Pizza will have you making pizza at home instead of ordering take-out. Oven fresh at a fraction of the cost!
Honey Crust Pepperoni Pizza is so easy to make, add your favourite pizza toppings and you’ve got a meal the whole family will love! You can make this delicious pizza crust ahead of time so the pizza is easy to throw together when the family comes home.
I recently had the pleasure of connecting with Dahna Sanderson, Director of Marketing & Communications for The Pampered Chef in Canada. I jumped at the opportunity to try out The Pampered Chef’s new Large Round Stone with Handles, which will be available after January 1st, 2015. Function meets beauty is the best way to describe this stone that goes easily from the oven to the dining table. I was amazed at how nicely my pizza baked on this stone; thick and chewy but still crisp on the bottom.
Honey Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Homemade Honey pizza dough is the key to making this great tasting Pepperoni Pizza.Print Rate
- 1 package active dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- thinly sliced pepperoni enough to cover pizza 50-60 slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese coarsely grated
- 1 cups cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 2 cups fresh thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can pizza sauce
- Add 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees) to small bowl with honey, add yeast to dissolve.
- Combine flour and salt in electric mixer bowl with dough hook attachment.
- Add oil to the yeast mixture and 3/4 cup warm water.
- Add yeast mixture to flour and mix on low speed until dough comes cleanly away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto floured work surface and knead by hand for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Stretch dough evenly onto greased pizza stone.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough.
- Top with pepperoni slices, mushrooms, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 450º for 15-25 minutes until done.
*Disclaimer: I was given product from The Pampered Chef of Canada for this post.