If you want to impress guests at your next BBQ try making some Homemade Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce. You will get rave reviews for this exceptional recipe. Tangy, smoky taste enhanced with the great flavour of Jack Daniel’s Whiskey. This superb sauce has a great thick consistency that works well on ribs, chicken, steak.
Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup fancy molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- In medium sized heavy sauce pan combine 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- In separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Add to saucepan, bring to slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. Jack Daniel's and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Brush onto the meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.