Once you try this recipe for Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce you may never buy store-bought again! This thick, tangy sauce that adds incredible flavor to all your barbecue meats or chicken.
After a long winter, the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the patio furniture is uncovered. Best of all it's BBQ SEASON and time to enjoy the great outdoors with family and friends. So whether you call is a backyard BBQ, a cookout, or a picnic, it is time to relax and enjoy savory food and cool sips. Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce is perfect to have on hand for this summer's grilling.
If you want to impress guests at your next BBQ try making some homemade barbecue sauce. You will get rave reviews for this exceptional recipe. Tangy, smoky taste enhanced with the great flavor of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. This superb barbecue sauce has a great thick consistency that works well on ribs, chicken, or steak. It also makes the best bbq sauce for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork that you will ever eat! For an extra special touch to your gathering make a large batch so your guests will have a jar to take home.
How to make BBQ sauce.
- Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce recipe combines tangy, sweet, and smoky flavor into one sensation sauce that is easy to make! (full recipe below)
- The first step is to sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients to the saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, stir in 1-2 more tablespoons of Jack Daniel's whiskey for extra burst of whiskey flavor. Taste to season with extra hot sauce, pepper and salt as desired.
- Simmer for additional 5-10 minutes.
Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup fancy molasses regular molasses will also work
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- ½ teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan add olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Taste and season as desired with more salt, pepper or hot sauce. You can also add another splash of Jack Daniel's whiskey. Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Brush onto meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.