If you want to impress guests at your next BBQ try making some homemade barbecue sauce. You will get rave reviews for this exceptional recipe. Tangy, smoky taste enhanced with the great flavor of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. This superb bbq sauce has a great thick consistency that works well on ribs, chicken, or steak. It also makes the best bbq sauce for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork that you will ever eat! For an extra special touch to your gathering make a large batch so your guests will have a jar to take home.
How to make BBQ sauce.
- Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce recipe combines tangy, sweet, and smoky flavor into one sensation sauce that is easy to make! (full recipe below)
- The first step is to saute the onions and garlic in Jack Daniel's whiskey in a large saucepan.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients to the saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in 1-2 more tablespoons of Jack Daniel's whiskey. Taste to season with extra hot sauce, pepper and salt as desired.
- Cook for additional 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy Homemade Jack Daniels Bbq Sauce on some great recipe like:
Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup fancy molasses regular molasses will also work
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- ½ tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- In a large sauce pan combine ½ cup Jack Daniel's, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except the 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniel's whiskey.
- Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniel's and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Brush onto meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one week.