This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burgers is loaded with flavour! Bake in the oven or grill on the BBQ. Simply skip the bacon for a low fat healthier version.
Ground turkey is a great alternative to ground beef if you are trying to cut back the amount of red meat you eat. It can be used as a substitution for ground beef in chilis, soups, stews, and even meatloaf. Use “ground turkey breast” instead of “ground turkey” to reduce the fat. I usually adjust and modify the spices used as ground turkey can taste a bit more bland than ground beef. For my Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burgers I used seasoned breadcrumbs and chili sauce to add some great flavour.
Be careful not to overcook especially if using ground turkey breast, or you will have dry burgers. One of the best kitchen gadgets I ever invested in was a meat thermometer. Takes the second guessing out of whether your meat is done or not.
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burgers
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Turkey Burgers is loaded with flavour! Bake in the oven or grill on the BBQ. Simply skip the bacon for a low fat healthier version.Print Rate
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 4-8 strips thick cut bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- Heat oil in large frying pan, sauté carrots and onions until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, chili sauce, and egg.
- Add carrot/onion/garlic mixture.
- Mix until just blended, don't overwork or burgers will be tough.
- Divide into 4 portions and shape into thick patties.
- Wrap bacon around and secure with toothpick.
- Place patties on greased baking sheet (I use cooking spray)
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or grill on the BBQ
- (Internal temperature of 165 degrees)
adapted from Inspired.ca
Step by step instructions
Saute carrots, onion, garlic until tender in 1 tbsp. olive oil.
Combine all ingredients together, don’t over work mixture.
Form into patties, wrap with bacon. Bake 375 for about 30-40 minutes or grill on the BBQ until done.