An exceptional Homemade Mushroom Soup recipe. So tasty you’ll never want to eat canned again.
On a recent trip to the grocery store I came across an amazing variety pack of mushrooms. Tucked away in my binder full of recipes I had saved this delicious looking recipe for Homemade Mushroom soup from Season with Spice. These mushrooms were perfect for trying this recipe. The recipe exceeded my expectations and is now, by far, my favorite mushroom soup recipe. A hint of nutmeg adds incredible, but subtle flavor. This recipe serves 2 so be sure to double or more, for second helpings or to feed the family.
A exotic variety of mushroom added delicious flavour to my soup.
Homemade Mushroom Soup
This Homemade Mushroom Soup is so exceptional you'll never want to eat canned again.Print Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms assorted variety 300g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp flour dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan. Add butter and lightly sauté garlic on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until moisture from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in chicken broth, stir occasionally until broth boils, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add diluted flour, stirring constantly until soup thickens.
- Season with salt and dash of nutmeg.
- Add cream and milk, bring to slow simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh ground pepper and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
Check our some more great soup recipes! Italian Turkey Burger, Ham and Bean, and Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil Soup