Pork Chops Cordon Bleu is a stuffed chop recipe that combines the great flavours of Canadian back bacon and Gruyere cheese.
Pork Chops Cordon Bleu is an easy recipe to prepare and will have you enjoying incredibly tender and juicy pork chops in no time. This is a delicious chop stuffed with gooey Gruyere cheese and lean Canadian back bacon! To add more sensational flavor I’ve added a crispy crust made with panko bread crumbs. This is a terrific recipe to adapt. For instance you can use ham and Swiss cheese, or even Mozzarella cheese.
Pork Chops Cordon Bleu
These pork chops are incredibly moist and tender. A slice of Canadian back bacon and a slice of Gruyere cheese in the middle, coated with a crispy crust of panko bread crumbs.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 4 slices Canadian back bacon
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Slice pork chops horizontally throughout the middle.
- Insert slice of Gruyere cheese and slice of Canadian back bacon.
- Seal edges with toothpick.
- Combine together egg and milk in bowl large enough to dip pork chops in.
- In separate bowl combine together Panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper pork chops, then lightly dust with flour.
- Dip into egg mixture,
- Immediately dip into Panko bread crumbs, press into pork chops.
- Heat olive oil or vegetable oil in frying pan,
- Brown pork chops on both sides until golden.
- Transfer to baking pan with rack and continue baking in oven at 350 degrees until done. Approximately 30- 40 minutes. (depends on thickness of your pork chops)
- I use a meat thermometer and cook until internal temperature of 160.
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 874mg | Potassium: 985mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6.5% | Calcium: 35.9% | Iron: 15.6%
Be sure to try these other family favorite chop recipes. Very popular Panko Crusted Pork Chops or Pork Chops in Brandy Mushroom Sauce.