Easy recipe for Crispy Pork Schnitzel that comes together in under 20 minutes. Pork cutlets that have a crisp coating, tender and juicy on the inside.
My recipe for Homemade Onion Mustard sauce tasted great with the Crispy Pork Schnitzel. A great side dish to serve with the schnitzel is Garlic Mashed Potatoes and your favourite steamed vegetables. This quick and easy to make pork recipe makes a great dinner the whole family will love.
How to make perfect pork schnitzel.
Trim excess fat from pork loin, cover with plastic wrap to prevent splatter. Then using a meat mallet pound thin to about 1/4 inch.
Set up bowls of flour, beaten egg/milk and bread crumbs. I like really fresh tasting bread crumbs so I make my own. Fine bread crumbs seem to work best for this recipe and I prefer them over panko bread crumbs.
Dredge cutlets in flour, then beaten egg milk mix followed by bread crumbs.
The pork is then fried until golden and crisp approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Top with Homemade Onion Mustard sauce.
Crispy Pork Schnitzel
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 cup bread crumbs plain bread crumbs, not panko. I usually make my own.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white onion finely chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 3 tbsp oil
- Start this recipe by preparing Onion Mustard Sauce first.
- Using large skillet ,medium heat, add butter and onion. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook until mixture is slightly browned.
- Whisk in chicken broth, dry mustard and sage. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste adding more mustard, sage, salt and pepper as desired.
- For preparing the pork, set up 3 pie plates. Fill one with flour, one with egg and milk (whisked together), one with bread crumbs with 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper mixed in.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add coated pork cutlets. Cook until golden brown. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with Onion Mustard Sauce.
More pork chop recipes to try.