Easy recipe for Crispy Pork Schnitzel that comes together in under 20 minutes. Pork cutlets that have a crisp coating, yet are tender and juicy on the inside.
My recipe for Homemade Onion Mustard sauce tasted great with the Crispy Pork Schnitzel. A great side dish to serve with the schnitzel is Garlic Mashed Potatoes and your favorite steamed vegetables. This quick and easy to make pork recipe makes a great dinner the whole family will love.
How to make perfect pork schnitzel.
Trim excess fat from pork loin, cover with plastic wrap to prevent splatter. Then using a meat mallet pound thin to about ¼ inch.
Set up bowls of flour, beaten egg/milk and bread crumbs. I like really fresh tasting bread crumbs so I make my own. Fine bread crumbs seem to work best for this recipe and I prefer them over panko bread crumbs.
Dredge cutlets in flour, then beaten egg milk mix followed by bread crumbs.
The pork is then fried until golden and crisp approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Top with homemade onion mustard sauce.
More pork chop recipes to try.
Pork Chops with Mushroom Brandy Sauce
Crispy Pork Schnitzel
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 cup bread crumbs use plain bread crumbs, not panko.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Onion Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup white onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons oil
Onion Mustard Sauce
- Start this recipe by preparing Onion Mustard Sauce first.
- Using large skillet add butter and onions. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture is slightly browned.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, dry mustard and sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste adding more dry mustard, sage, salt and pepper as desired.
Pork Cutlet Preparation
- Set up 3 pie plates. Fill one with flour, one with egg and milk (whisked together), one with bread crumbs and ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add coated pork cutlets. Cook until golden brown. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with Onion Mustard Sauce.
I absolutely loved this recipe. It's fast and easy to make. It's also very tasty. I didn't change a thing in the recipe.
Thank you Carolyn, so happy you enjoyed the recipe!
This recipe is a winner! So easy to make, we were at the table 45 minutes after starting. I added a Tab of white wine to the sauce. Thanks for the recipe. My husband definitely wants it again.
thanks Francine, the wine wine is a great addition!
I like to season the flour and crumbs with spices like garlic granules,onion granules, some paprika, salt and pepper. When I am done with the flour, I mix it into the crumbs ratio of 3 crumbs to 1 flour (or less). Once they are all coated in crumbs, I allow them to sit for about half an hour. This will enable the flour in the crumbs to make it stick better to the egg. You do not lose any of the crumbs while cooking, or very little at the best.
I cannot find the instructions for making the Onion Mustard Sauce. It looks delicious
Hi Linnae, the first 5 steps show how to make the onion sauce.
Did u pound the pork chops?
Yes, for sure you must pound the pork chops, or buy pork cutlets which are already pounded down.
I made this tonight. I used cubed pork, because that’s what I had. It was crispy and delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!!