Easy recipe for Crispy Pork Schnitzel that comes together in under 20 minutes. Pork cutlets that have a crisp coating, yet are tender and juicy on the inside.
My recipe for Homemade Onion Mustard sauce tasted great with the Crispy Pork Schnitzel. A great side dish to serve with the schnitzel is Garlic Mashed Potatoes and your favorite steamed vegetables. This quick and easy to make pork recipe makes a great dinner the whole family will love.
How to make perfect pork schnitzel.
Trim excess fat from pork loin, cover with plastic wrap to prevent splatter. Then using a meat mallet pound thin to about ¼ inch.
Set up bowls of flour, beaten egg/milk and bread crumbs. I like really fresh tasting bread crumbs so I make my own. Fine bread crumbs seem to work best for this recipe and I prefer them over panko bread crumbs.
Dredge cutlets in flour, then beaten egg milk mix followed by bread crumbs.
The pork is then fried until golden and crisp approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Top with homemade onion mustard sauce.
Crispy Pork Schnitzel
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 cup bread crumbs use plain bread crumbs, not panko.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Onion Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup white onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons oil
Onion Mustard Sauce
- Start this recipe by preparing Onion Mustard Sauce first.
- Using large skillet add butter and onions. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture is slightly browned.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, dry mustard and sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste adding more dry mustard, sage, salt and pepper as desired.
Pork Cutlet Preparation
- Set up 3 pie plates. Fill one with flour, one with egg and milk (whisked together), one with bread crumbs and ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add coated pork cutlets. Cook until golden brown. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with Onion Mustard Sauce.