A quick and easy homemade pancake recipe that makes perfect, golden brown, super fluffy pancakes with ingredients you have on hand.
This perfect fluffy pancake recipe uses simple ingredients, no buttermilk is needed! The thick batter creates the fluffiest ever pancake! Top with a pat of butter and maple syrup or a yummy sauce like my 5 Minutes Strawberry Sauce or Easy Sour Cherry Sauce. If you like, add blueberries, bananas, or even chocolate chips to the recipe.
The secret to making the best fluffy pancakes.
I would recommend using a griddle. A griddle will keep even heat that makes pancakes a perfect golden brown on both sides. The nonstick surface allows the pancake batter to spread evenly and won't stick. A griddle lets you make several pancakes at once and it is much easier to regulate the temperature than on the stovetop.
It is important to preheat the griddle and wipe with a bit of olive oil using a paper towel. This helps to give the pancakes that perfect golden brown color.
Don't over mix the batter or your pancakes will not rise to be light and fluffy. This batter is thick and should be slightly lumpy.
I use a ladle to scoop out the batter, using the bottom of the ladle to help spread the batter a bit.
Don't flip the pancakes too soon. The bottom side should be a golden brown before flipping and the top will start to form bubbles.
Keep pancakes warm by placing them on a baking sheet in preheated 200- degree oven.
Although not as good as freshly made, pancakes will keep in the refrigerator for two days and can also be frozen. Reheat in a toaster or on a baking rack in the oven preheated to 350 degrees.
Perfect Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In separate bowl mix together milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don't over mix! Some lumps are ok.
- Stir in the melted butter. Make sure butter is melted but not hot.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Lightly oil pan, whiping with paper towel to remove excess.
- Ladle batter into evenly sized pancakes spreading out with bottom of ladle. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles start to form on top. Gently flip and cook other side until done and nicely browned. (about 2 minutes)
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or your favourite topping.