Make delicious homemade pancakes from scratch with my Perfect Fluffy Pancake Recipe.
This basic pancake recipe uses simple ingredients, most of which you usually have on hand. You can also add blueberries, bananas or other fruit to the recipe. I love my pancakes topped with my Easy Sour Cherry Sauce or 5 Minute Strawberry Sauce. One kitchen appliance I would recommend investing in is a griddle. A griddle is so much easier to regulate the temperature and get nice golden brown pancakes on both sides.
Perfect Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In separate bowl mix together milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don't over mix! Some lumps are ok.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Lightly oil pan.
- Pour batter into evenly sized pancakes. When golden brown on bottom flip and cook other side until done and nicely browned. (about 2 minutes)
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or your favourite topping.
- These pancakes taste fantastic with my 5 minute Strawberry Sauce or Sour Cherry Sauce.
Easy Sour Cherry Sauce and 5 Minute Strawberry Sauce are quick to whip up and taste incredible on pancakes.