This recipe for Blueberry Muffins is buttery and moist, great for breakfast or anytime snack.
Who doesn't love a homemade muffin right out of the oven and still warm. Pure comfort food. This recipe makes a great muffin batter that works well with a variety of fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries or cranberries. Better yet add a combination of fruits. My favourite is blueberries and this recipe is loaded with them.
I prefer to use fresh blueberries but frozen will work as well. One key tip to making perfect muffins is to not over mix the batter. Simply fold the wet ingredients into the dry using a spatula and combine just until mixed, about 10 strokes.
- ⅔ cups butter melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup milk room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Line muffin pan with paper liners
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In medium bowl , using a whisk combine together butter, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Gently stir blueberries into butter mixture.
- Using a spatula fold butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Don’t over mix, just until combined!
- Divide batter equally into muffin tin.
- Bake until tops are golden brown 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Looking for a healthier blueberry muffin, be sure to try my Blueberry Bran Muffins.
here's a great image for Pinterest