Strawberry Feta Bruschetta is a simple yet elegant appetizer that will impress guests at your next gathering. This delicious appetizer combines sweet ripe strawberries with tangy feta cheese and a balsamic glaze served on a toasted baguette slice.
This refreshing twist on the classic tomato bruschetta can be served as an appetizer, snack or even lunch! Strawberry Feta Bruschetta is the perfect recipe to make for unexpected guests. With such simple ingredients, you can have a stunning appetizer in minutes!
Strawberries - choose fresh, ripe strawberries. Remove stems, then dice or slice.
Feta Cheese - crumbled regular feta.
Baguette - with its crisp crust and shape, a baguette is the perfect bread for making appetizers. If you would like to try your hand at making homemade baguettes The Recipe Critic has a great recipe - French Baguette recipe.
Balsamic Vinegar - this may be the time to splurge a bit and buy a good quality balsamic vinegar.
Olive Oil - extra virgin olive oil for lightly coating the baguette slices before toasting.
Fresh Basil - chop and sprinkle on top before adding the balsamic glaze.
Goat Cheese - feta is my favorite for this recipe but goat cheese is a good substitute. It is more tangy, creamier and less salty than feta.
French Bread - Try this bread if you would like to make a larger-sized portion for lunch.
How to make the balsamic glaze
The balsamic glaze (also known as balsamic reduction) is easy to make and perfectly balances the sweetness of strawberries and tanginess of feta cheese.
Step 1 - Using a small heavy saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes. The mixture will thicken and become similar to the consistency of honey.
Step 2 - Remove from heat and let cool. The glaze with thicken more as it cools. Keep covered until ready to use.
This post was originally published November 3, 2016. Occasionally I update with fresh tips, content, and photos. Current update July 17, 2023.
Strawberry Feta Bruschetta
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries diced or sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 baguette sliced into ½ inch diagonal slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Using a small heavy saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes. The mixture will thicken and become similar to the consistency of honey.
- Remove from heat and let cool. The glaze with thicken more as it cools. Keep covered until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Slice a baguette into ½ inch diagonal slices.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes. The bread should be lightly toasted but still soft in middle. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dice or slice the strawberries. Place a generous amount on each baguette slice.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.