Step by step instructions and video for How to Make Stained Glass Cookies. These holiday cookies are so easy and fun to make!
I used some favourite Gingerbread Cookie Dough for these cookies, but any sugar cookie dough will work. I have a few great sugar cookie recipe that you will love. Candy Cane Sugar Cookies and my Best Ever Sugar Cookies which include two yummy flavours Pumpkin Spice and Cardamom Orange Sugar Cookies.
How to Make Stained Glass Cookies
- cookie dough
- colourful hard candy life savers, jolly ranchers
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Very important to do this or cookies will stick!
- Roll out your favourite cookie dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into desire shapes with larger cookie cutter, then use smaller cookie cutter to cut inside shape.
- Crush candies into small chunks.
- Bake 7-10 minutes. Cool cookies before removing from baking sheet!
How to Make these beautiful stained glass cookies.
Use any hard colourful candy you like. I usually used Lifesavers or Jolly Ranchers
Place candies in plastic bag and smash with mallet.
Roll out cookie dough to ¼" thickness.
Cut out dough using large cookie cutter, then cut center with smaller cookie cutter. Any two cookie cutters will work as long small fits into larger cutter and leaves enough dough to hold candies in.
Line baking sheet with Parchment paper!! Parchment paper will prevent candy from sticking to baking sheet and allow easy removal of cookies. Fill centers with crushed candies. The amount of candy required will depend on size of center you cut out. These cookies took 5-6 candies.
Bake until cookies are done, approximately 7-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before removing from baking sheet.
Leave plain, or decorate some more with royal icing. These cookies are so easy to make and everyone will rave about your beautiful cookies!
Excellent tutorial, I love these cookies!