Homemade Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches are easy to make and so yummy!
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches start with a fantastic cookie recipe. Good quality chocolate chunk pieces and gourmet ice cream will give you a superior tasting ice cream sandwich! Another great cookie recipe that makes tasty ice cream sandwiches is my Ginger Cookie recipe. These cookies go well with maple walnut ice cream.
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches
These homemade Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches are great treat the kids will love!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chunk pieces
- 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream 48 oz size
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add flour mix a bit a time to butter mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Using scooper make 24 even cookies, press. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.(prevents cookie from spreading too much).
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Working quickly so ice cream doesn't melt flatten ice cream with rolling pin between sheets of parchment to 1 inch to 1 ½ inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutter same size as cookie cut ice cream into circles. Refreeze if they get too soft.
- Sandwich ice cream between two cookies.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. Freeze until ready to serve.
Calories: 633kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 8gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 394mgPotassium: 447mgFiber: 3gSugar: 49gVitamin A: 1000IUVitamin C: 0.9mgCalcium: 205mgIron: 2.3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @ArtAndTheKitchen or tag #ArtAndTheKitchen!
Leave a Reply