One of my favorite things about summer is the awesome selection of fresh berries and for my recipe Triple Berry Crisp I combined all my favorite berries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
Crisps are so easy to make with any kind of in season fruit. I made this Apple Crisp with the abundance of apple from my tree.
If only I could have a garden with one of every kind of berry bush to be able to pick fresh berries like my Grandma did on the farm! I bought too many berries and needed to use them up before they spoiled so I made a very simple delicious simple Berry Crisp in individual servings.
Baking berries releases a lot of water so to ensure you don't get a watery mess of berries, toss them with a bit of sugar and some minute tapioca to thicken the juice. I used a quarter cup of sugar as I don't like my berries too sweet, but add more sure if you like it a bit sweeter.
Triple Berry Crisp
This recipe for Triple Berry Crisp combines all my favorite berries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, then topped with a delicious crumble.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon minute tapioca
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cold butter
- pinch of salt
- In large bowl toss together berries, tapioca and granulated sugar.
- Divide equally into large ramekins.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and salt.
- Using pastry blender cut cold butter into flour mixture until course crumbs form.
- Top berries with crumble mix.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream (or as I like it just plain).
Tried this recipe?Mention @ArtAndTheKitchen or tag #ArtAndTheKitchen!
Leave a Reply