I love these homemade Breakfast Egg Bites for a great low carb, healthy breakfast. Great for breakfast on the go or afternoon snack.
These egg bites taste great right out of the oven but you can also make them ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Pack a few in a ziplock bag and you've got breakfast on the go or a healthy, high protein snack for those afternoon cravings. Add your favorite veggies like spinach or red peppers.
Not just for breakfast, these Breakfast Egg Bites work well for appetizers or school lunch boxes. The kids will love them, and they are a nice change from sandwiches.
Breakfast Egg Bites
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup ham cut into small cubes
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Spray mini muffin pan generously with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350º F
- Heat oil in skillet. Add ham, red pepper and red onion.
- Cook until peppers and onion are slightly tender.
- In separate bowl whisk together, eggs, milk, green onions and grated cheese. (if you prefer bites more dense use a fork to combine instead of whisking and mix only until combined.
- Stir ham mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake 350º F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for more great breakfast ideas, try my recipe for the best muffins you'll ever make Fuel to Go Muffins