This recipe for Santa Fe Salad makes a perfect side dish or lunch meal. Crisp colourful veggies and beans tossed together in a dressing with some serious flavour from Jalapeño peppers, lime, cilantro and cumin!
What a great summer it has been! The highlight of our summer was travelling to Quebec to watch our son compete in the Canada Summer Games. It is truly amazing to watch young people so dedicated to their sport. While many of their friends are enjoying the summer partying at the lake enjoying all kinds of food and drink, they are training hard, eating healthy, and getting to bed early. But once that final competition is done its time to enjoy the rest of the summer with backyard BBQ’s and parties at the lake!
Santa Fe Salad is one of my favourite side dish recipes and gets rave reviews whenever I make it. Healthy, colourful, and amazing flavor with the great combination of black beans and corn, tossed in a zesty cilantro lime dressing.
Santa Fe Salad
Crisp colourful veggies and beans are tossed together with some serious flavour from Jalapeño peppers, lime, cilantro and cumin!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper about 1/4 tsp each, or to taste
- 1 can (19oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (12oz) kernel corn I used fresh cooked corn from cob
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely diced
- In small jar mix together oil and lime juice.
- Add cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper and shake well.
- Mix together black beans, red pepper, onion, corn and jalapeño pepper.
- Toss together dressing and salad ingredients.
recipe courtesy Best of Bridge cookbook
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 13.5% | Vitamin C: 41.1% | Calcium: 1.4% | Iron: 2.7%