A Barbecue staple is a great homemade burger. This easy to make recipe for Homemade Burger and Fries with Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce is the perfect summertime meal. A made from scratch burger that is topped with the best tasting bbq sauce you will ever put on a hamburger.
To make delicious grilled burgers you start with a great homemade burger recipe. This simple burger recipe is my go to favorite. Serve with homemade fries and an ice cold beer and you have BBQ favorites everyone loves!
Incredible flavor was added to these homemade burgers by slathering them with my Jack Daniel's Barbecue sauce.
Once you have made this sauce you won't be buying any store bought BBQ sauces again. A super yummy sauce that also tastes amazing on chicken and ribs.
How to make homemade French fries
- For the fries I use russet potatoes. They have a lower moisture content which allows them to get extra crispy.
- Slice the potatoes, leaving the skin on to ½ to ¼ inch thickness.
- Soak in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Drain, then rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Heat sunflower oil to 350 degrees either in deep fryer or large heavy pan.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding them.
- Remove the fries from the oil with large slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Season with course ground sea salt.
Great barbecue favorite side dishes:
Homemade Burger and Fries with Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 large hamburger buns
favorite burger toppings
- cheddar cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce.
- 2 large Russet potatoes sliced to ½ to ¼ inch thickness
- 5-6 cups cooking oil I use Sunflower oil
- course sea salt
- In a large bowl combine together the ground beef, onion garlic, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and egg.
- Form into 4-6 large sized patties.
- Brush generously with homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce.
- Grill on medium high heat until desired doneness. I like my burger cooked to internal temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush with extra barbecue sauce if you prefer your burger saucier.
- Slice buns and place on grill until slightly toasted.
- Top the burger with your favorites, cheddar cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.
- For Homemade Fries
- Wash and slice potatoes to ½ to ¼ inch thickness.
- Place potatoes slices in a bowl of cold water and soak for at least 1 hour.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or large heavy saucepan to 350 degrees.
- Add potatoes in small batches and fry until golden, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
Leave a Reply