Pasta with Shrimp and Wine Sauce is a tasty recipe loaded with shrimp, a medley of vegetables, whole grain pasta topped with a light wine sauce.
When you need a fast dish to prepare for dinner, a great choice is always pasta. This dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Try using 100 % Whole Grain pasta instead of regular pasta for all the healthy benefits. Some of these include extra fibre, B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, zinc, magnesium. I love the nuttier, fuller flavour of whole grain pasta. In addition Whole Grain pasta fills you up more so you eat less and stay full longer. This pasta sauce is a delicious light sauce that includes sautéd veggies and white wine. Top with some shrimp or grilled chicken for a sensational dinner!
Pasta with Shrimp and Wine Sauce
Pasta with Shrimp and Wine Sauce is a tasty recipe loaded with shrimp, a medley of vegetables, whole grain pasta topped with a light wine sauce.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp instant chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp snipped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper.
- Thaw shrimp if using frozen cooked shrimp.
- In skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and zucchini until cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in wine, bouillon and basil.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the package label.
- Toss wine sauce with pasta.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 219mg | Sodium: 1078mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 23.8% | Vitamin C: 120.9% | Calcium: 24.8% | Iron: 32.1%
Another great pasta recipe to try is Carbonara with Pan Seared Scallops.
MY LATEST VIDEOS