This recipe for One Pan Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara was an enormous hit with my family! A quick and easy dish that is perfect for busy families.
It was a pleasure of working with Barilla Canada and trying their new product line “Barilla Pronto” for my recipe One Pan Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara. Barilla® Pronto™ is an innovative, new pasta that cooks with no need to drain excess water. No waiting for water to boil or straining pasta required, how convenient is that! Simply place Barilla® Pronto™ in the pan, cover with cold water and cook until the water is absorbed. It is perfect for making one-pan meals with the bonus of saving time on meal prep and clean up! This recipe can also be made with regular pasta, just cook pasta in separate pot and toss together with shrimp carbonara sauce.
Another great thing I liked about this recipe, it comes together in less than 20 minutes! The shrimp and asparagus go exceptionally well with the creamy bacon flavoured carbonara. An impressive dish to make for company, so quick and easy it gives you more time with your guests and less time cooking! Serve with some garlic bread and a light tossed salad for the perfect meal.
Carbonara can be easily adapted by adding cooked chicken instead of shrimp or other veggies like peas or broccoli. Perfect for those busy weekdays, this recipe is sure to become a family favourite!
One Pan Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara
- 8 slices bacon diced I like to use bacon with less fat, or cut away excess fat
- 1/3 cup onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 12 oz box Barilla® Pronto™ Spaghetti regular pasta can be used cook as per box instructions
- 16 oz tail-off cooked large shrimp thawed
- 1 cup fresh asparagus chopped into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp koscher salt
- In large non-stick skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Add onions and garlic, saute until onions are soft (about 2 minutes)
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain any excess grease from pan, add 3 cups of cold water and whole box of Barilla Pronto spaghetti and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Cook on high heat, stirring regularly until most of the water is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and asparagus; cook an additional 3 minutes.
- In small bowl mix together cream, egg yolks and parmesan cheese.
- Add bacon mixture into pasta, then stir cream mixture into pasta.
- I like to use two wooden spoons to toss everything together evenly.
Be sure to try another great shrimp recipe Fettuccine Alfredo with Pan Seared Shrimp
Disclaimer: I have been compensated for this post which is sponsored by Barilla. As always the opinions expressed are my own.
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!