Bresaola Mozzarella Sandwich is a exceptionally tasty sandwich combining some sensational Italian flavours!
Bresaola is an Italian air-dried, aged, salted beef fillet that tastes terrific with buffalo mozzarella and Ciabatta bread.
A place I love to shop is The Italian Centre Shop in Edmonton's Little Italy. It makes me feel like one of those cooks that shop daily for the food they prepare that day. For today's shopping trip I was on the search for ingredients to make this fabulous sandwich I saw in Tea Time magazine. (a clipping I had saved from 2008). I am getting through my stack of "recipes to try". So after grabbing a great tasting cappuccino it was time to get home and construct this sandwich.
Bresaola Mozzarella Sandwich
- ½ loaf ciabatta
- 4-6 tablespoon . whole grain mustard
- 1 container thinly sliced buffalo mozzarella 8 ounce, bocconcini will also work
- 2 cups spinach washed
- ½ pound bresaola salami or prosciutto can be substituted
- Split the ciabatta in half and spread an even layer of mustard on each piece.
- Layer the cheese, spinach, bresaola, and top with second slice of bread.
- Enjoy like this or grill in oven until cheese is melted and bread toasted.
Tried this recipe?Mention @ArtAndTheKitchen or tag #ArtAndTheKitchen!
now that is a sandwich. great presentation as well.
thanks all, my husband insisted the next time I make this I need to double up on the meat.
Emily @ She Makes and Bakes
This looks so good. I love all the fresh flavors. I'll have to try this!
Our Italian Centre shop here has the most incredible selection of cheese, and they are always willing to let you sample before buying.
These look delicious!!