Gourmet flavour with this recipe for Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque. A hint of vanilla bean adds a delicious layer of flavour to this exceptional soup.
Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque is easy to prepare and makes a very hearty meal for those cold winter days. A hint of fresh vanilla bean adds an exceptional depth of flavour, so be sure to use fresh vanilla beans. Pure Vanilla extract will work, but won't give you the same notable flavor. You can bake and puree the squash ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until ready to prepare the bisque. This bisque is great served with fresh baked Butternut Squash Scones .
Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque
An exceptional recipe for Butternut Squash Bisque.
- 4 cups cooked butternut squash pureed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ vanilla bean seeds scraped out
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the stock and puréed squash, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Using a blender, purée soup.
- Return the puréed soup to the pot over medium-low heat. Add the cream, vanilla bean seeds, and salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the soup is hot.
- Stir in the white pepper and cheese. Top each portion with garnish, and serve immediately.
Calories: 246kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1414mgPotassium: 397mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 11030IUVitamin C: 22.1mgCalcium: 138mgIron: 0.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque is one of my favourite soup recipes and I make it often. Garnish with bacon and chives or even oyster crackers.