Growing your own herb garden is perfect for having fresh snipped herbs always on hand for making your own dressings. For this recipe I blended a combination of basil, oregano, thyme and Italian parsley. A fine quality olive oil is a must and well worth a few extra dollars when making homemade dressings.
Fresh Herb Italian Dressing
- ¾ cup fine quality Olive Oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 teaspoon fresh finely chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and whisk to combine. A small jar also works well.
- Combine all ingredients together and shake well.
- Allow at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavour of the herbs to infuse the oil.
- Serve with your favourite salad greens.