I know its silly but snipping fresh herbs from my garden to prepare a dish makes me feel like an accomplished chef. For this recipe I blended a combination of basil, oregano, thyme and Italian parsley. A fine quality olive oil is a must and well worth a few extra dollars when making homemade dressings. Try this dressing on my Cucumber Salad Bites.
Fresh Herb Italian Dressing
- 3/4 cup fine quality Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh finely chopped basil
- 2 tbsp fresh finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 tsp fresh finely chopped oregano
- 1 tsp fresh finely chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and whisk to combine. A small jar also works well.
- Combine all ingredients together and shake well.
- Allow at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavour of the herbs to infuse the oil.
- Serve with your favourite salad greens.