Fresh, simple ingredients make Tomato Bocconcini Pasta a very flavourful meatless pasta dish. Garden fresh cherry tomatoes and basil are a must!
Tomato Bocconcini Pasta is so easy to make. Simple never tasted so good with the mild flavour of bocconcini cheese, peppery arugula, fresh cherry tomatoes and basil tossed together with olive oil then generously seasoned with Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper. I grow basil year round, it is one of my favourite herbs and you can’t beat that fresh snipped flavour! Tomato Bocconcini Pasta also tastes great cold, so make lots to have leftovers.
This recipe is courtesy of my good friend Lisa. She whipped up a large batch to feed us all before our team “MotherMuckers” competed in a 5K Foam Fest Obstacle Course. Key ingredients in this recipe are using fresh basil, sorry dried won’t work in this recipe, and Pink Himalayan salt.
Tomato Bocconcini Pasta
- 4 cups pasta
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup bocconcini cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ - 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- ¾- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Chop basil leaves
- Cut bocconcini into bite size pieces
- Drain pasta well, add tomatoes, basil, bocconcini and arugula.
- Add olive and toss together until well mixed.
- Season with Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
- Serve warm. (makes great cold leftovers)
Hope you enjoy these photos of a energetic bunch of ladies helping Lisa celebrate a very special birthday!
We started with a 5k Foam Fest Obstacle Course in the Okanagan, then travelled to Vancouver Island to hike the beautiful Juan De Fuca Trail.