A classic no-bake Italian dessert, Tiramisu is made with creamy mascarpone cheese, espresso dipped ladyfingers and dark rum!
I made my Tiramisu recipe into individual servings, but it can easily be made into one large dessert. This classic no-bake Italian dessert has always been on my “to make” list, so after a recent grocery shop to our local Italian Grocery store and admiring their beautiful cakes I was inspired to give it a try. I gathered up my list of ingredients and set for home determined to create a dessert my husband would love.
This Tiramisu recipe turned out exceptionally well and tasty amazing! How can you resist Lady fingers flavoured with espresso and rum surrounding a centre of creamy mascarpone filling. The perfect dessert for those special dinners.
Rich and creamy Tiramisu made into individual servings.Print Pin Rate
- 28 ladyfingers
- 1/3 cup warm espresso
- 2 tbsp grated chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dark rum or imitation rum
- Garnish: unsweetened cocoa powder chocolate curls
- Cut about 1/4 off end of each lady finger; brush one side of each ladyfinger with espresso and sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Arrange ladyfingers in circle inside of round mould. I used a large round cookie cutter, find any container that will fit ladyfingers tightly into a circle. Set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer at high speed, combine egg yolks and sugar, beat for 6 minutes. Slowly mix in the mascarpone until mixture is uniform.
- In a separate bowl using electric mixer at high speed, whip the cream, confectioners' sugar and rum until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fill ladyfinger bowls with custard, tie ribbon around lady finger bowl to hold in place, garnish with cocoa powder and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 891kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Cholesterol: 455mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2290IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 3.3mg
Another great no-bake dessert recipe to try is my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie.