A classic no-bake Italian dessert, Tiramisu is made with creamy mascarpone cheese, espresso dipped ladyfingers and dark rum!
I made my Tiramisu recipe into individual servings, but it can easily be made into one large dessert. This classic no-bake Italian dessert has always been on my "to make" list, so after a recent grocery shop to our local Italian Grocery store and admiring their beautiful cakes I was inspired to give it a try. I gathered up my list of ingredients and set for home determined to create a dessert my husband would love.
This Tiramisu recipe turned out exceptionally well and tasty amazing! How can you resist Lady fingers flavoured with espresso and rum surrounding a centre of creamy mascarpone filling. The perfect dessert for those special dinners.
Rich and creamy Tiramisu made into individual servings.
- 28 ladyfingers
- ⅓ cup warm espresso
- 2 tablespoon grated chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar plus 2 tbsp
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- ½ tablespoon dark rum or imitation rum
- Garnish: unsweetened cocoa powder chocolate curls
- Cut about ¼ off end of each lady finger; brush one side of each ladyfinger with espresso and sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Arrange ladyfingers in circle inside of round mould. I used a large round cookie cutter, find any container that will fit ladyfingers tightly into a circle. Set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer at high speed, combine egg yolks and sugar, beat for 6 minutes. Slowly mix in the mascarpone until mixture is uniform.
- In a separate bowl using electric mixer at high speed, whip the cream, confectioners' sugar and rum until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fill ladyfinger bowls with custard, tie ribbon around lady finger bowl to hold in place, garnish with cocoa powder and chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 891kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 16gFat: 61gSaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 455mgSodium: 175mgPotassium: 168mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 2290IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 172mgIron: 3.3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @ArtAndTheKitchen or tag #ArtAndTheKitchen!
Another great no-bake dessert recipe to try is my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie.
Ellen B Cookery
I love tiramisu, but I have never seen such a beautiful presentation!
Thanks Ana, I checked out your blog, wonderful, started following you!
I would love to make a pie for your blog, gives me a good excuse to make a pie.
Lovely presentation for a fabulous dinner party. Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts!
beautiful presentation. I started sprinkling 1 tsp of unflavoured gelatin into the whip cream when I make tiramisu especially when not going to use it all within a few hours holds up beautifully then and still soft.