Creamy and fluffy, this No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie is a favorite summertime dessert. A graham cracker crust filled with fresh strawberries and a light strawberry cream cheese filling.
No-Bake cheesecakes are so easy to make and perfect for those hot summer days when you don't want to use an oven. I made this strawberry pie recipe with a homemade graham cracker crust, but a store-bought graham crust will work as well. You may even like to try my Gingersnap Pie Crust recipe.
The sweet, fresh, strawberry layer makes this pie impressively decorative! Fresh berries always add a tasty, pretty touch to summer desserts.
If you like easy no-bake desserts make sure to try my No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie as well.
Tips for making no-bake cheesecake pie:
To make the beautiful strawberry layer make sure to use ripe strawberries of similar size that have a sweet flavor. The strawberries should be fully ripe but still firm.
This recipe makes an incredibly high pie. If you prefer, the recipe can easily be made into 2 pies or even strawberry tarts. I have even adapted this recipe to make individual strawberry cheesecake parfaits.
No-bake strawberry pie recipe with cream cheese should have a smooth, creamy filling. To achieve this the cream cheese must be at room temperature or you will have undesirable lumps in your pie.
I found it is best to prepare the Jello the night before. This will ensure it is fully set.
To fill the pie, start by spreading a portion of the filling to cover the strawberries completely. Use a spatula to press the filling between the strawberries so there are no empty pockets in the pie.
Chill at least 6 hours or even better overnight.
Can you substitute whipped cream for Cool Whip?
No, you will not be able to achieve the desired consistency for this recipe for no-bake strawberry pie with cream cheese and cool whip.
Can you freeze this pie?
No, the consistency of the strawberry filling changes.
How to store no-bake pies
No-bake desserts must be stored in the refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap so the top does not dry out. An airtight cake or pie storage container will also work.
Take out before serving and put any leftovers back in the fridge.
Store in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Mix together 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs with ¼ cup granulated sugar. Gradually stir 6 tablespoons of melted butter into the crumb mix and combine well.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the pie plate.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
How to Make Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake Pie
- Prepare graham cracker crust.
- Make Jello per package instructions. Set fully.
- Wash and remove stems from strawberries. Pat dry to remove any moisture.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Stir prepared Jello into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Place fresh strawberries tightly together on the bottom of the graham crust.
- Spread a portion of the strawberry cream cheese filling on top of the strawberries, filling any gaps between.
- Add remaining filling, and spread to make a heaping dome.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 6 hours.
This post was originally published June 7, 2016. I occasionally update with fresh tips, content and photos. Current update April 6, 2022.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- 1 package strawberry Jello 4 serving size. Prepare as per box instructions and set completely.
- 15-20 fresh ripe strawberries stems removed
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cups cool whip or any frozen whipped topping thawed
- Prepare Jello as per package instructions. Refrigerate to set completely, at least 4 hours or better yet, overnight.
- Wash and remove stems from strawberries, pat dry.
- Cover the bottom of the graham cracker pie crust with whole fresh strawberries.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar.
- Stir in the prepared jello and mix completely.
- Using a spatula, fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on top of the strawberries. Ensure all gaps between the strawberries are filled.
- Top with the remaining mixture, spreading evenly into dome-shaped top. This is a very high pie!
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate to set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Another great tasting no-bake dessert to try is my No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie