No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie
A no bake version with a delicious cheese cake layer, topped with a pudding pumpkin layer, then a final layer of whipped cream.
- 1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup (plus 2 tbsp) half and half cream cold
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 cups Cool Whip topping (thawed)
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust shortbread or gingersnap is also great
- 2 pkgs Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 4-serving size
- 1 can (16oz) pure pumpkin I use E.D. Smith Brand (some brands are too runny)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
Mix cream cheese, sugar and 2 tbsp half and half cream with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping. (make sure fully combined)
Spread on bottom on pie crust. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread evenly)
Pour 1 cup half and half cream into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
Beat with wire whisk until blended 1 minute. (do not use mixer or it will get too thick and lumpy)
Let stand 3 minutes.
Stir in pumpkin and spices into pudding and mix well.
Spread over cream cheese layer. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread carefully and evenly over pie, so layers don't mix together).
Top with 2 cups Cool Whip topping.
Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours prior to serving.
*note I only use E.D Smith pure pumpkin which is really thick. Other people have used other brands which are not as thick (too much water content) and have had problems with pumpkin layer being too runny. Strain pumpkin if it is watery.