The filling for this Turkey Enchilada Casserole can be spiced up to suit your taste buds by using hotter taco seasoning mix or even adding some dried chili pepper flakes or canned green chili peppers to the recipe.
Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup red peppers I also used orange and yellow
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained 28 oz size
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 2 large tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients except for 1 cup of cheese, tortilla chips and tortillas.
- Grease bottom of 9 x9 baking dish and place 1 large tortilla
- Layer with ½ of turkey mixture
- Next add ½ of tortilla chips
- Repeat layer
- Top with rest of the shredded cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes
Mix all ingredients except tortillas, chips and 1/2 the cheese.
Grease dish, layer tortilla, 1/2 turkey mix.
Top with tortilla chips, repeat another layer.
Top with cheese, cover and bake 350 degrees for 40 mins. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Here’s a great image for Pinterest
Enjoy Turkey Cranberry Puffed Pastry Bites for another great recipe using leftover turkey.