Chicken Macaroni Casserole is quick and easy recipe to make. A yummy, cheesy casserole the kids will love that is perfect for those busy weekday dinners.
In this Chicken Macaroni Casserole I like the flavour of Cream of Celery soup, but you can also try it with Cream of Chicken or mushroom soup. For the cheddar cheese I use a sharp cheddar but any kind will work great. Sneak in some healthy veggies! Great additions would be peas, carrots or even green beans.
This is a great recipe for using leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken you buy at the supermarket.
How about more great and easy chicken recipes to try like
Chicken with Sun-dried Creamy Tomato Sauce or Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- 10-12 ounces cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups macaroni uncooked
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni, set aside.
- Cut cooked chicken into small bite size pieces.
- In large bowl combine together soup, cheese, milk, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir chicken and macaroni into soup mixture.
- Pour into greased casserole baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika and melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Doubled it for a church pot luck...everyone loved it...
I did add a can of tomatoes with spicy green chilies for just a little flavor zip!
This was so good! Definitely a “keeper”! Used smoked paprika gave it a great smoky taste. Great way to use leftover chicken!❤️