Butterscotch Confetti Squares are one of those addictive treats that are so quick and simple to make and taste totally awesome! This treat is something we probably all had as children, but still love as adults.
One big tip I have when making Butterscotch Confetti Squares is to make sure the butter-peanut butter mix isn’t too hot prior to adding the butterscotch chips. I have done this, and instead of being smooth and creamy it tasty grainy because the sugars crystallized.
Butterscotch Confetti Squares
Smooth and creamy, these Butterscotch Confetti Squares are so addictive!Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (10 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 bag (10 oz size) miniature marshmallows coloured/flavoured variety
- Put marshmallows in large bowl
- Melt peanut butter and butter in saucepan on LOW heat, just until melted! Do not overheat.
- Remove from heat. Make sure mixture is not too hot before adding butterscotch chips or it will crystallize. (I stick my finger in to check that is not too hot)
- Stir in butterscotch chips, continue to stir until all is melted.
- Fold mixture into bowl of marshmallows. Combine well.
- Press into 8x8 greased baking pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 16 large squares.
One big tip I have when making Butterscotch Confetti Squares is to make sure the butter/peanut butter mix isn't too hot prior to adding the butterscotch chips. I have done this, and instead of being smooth and creamy it tasty grainy because the sugars crystallized.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 52mg | Vitamin A: 90IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Another great sweet treat are my Butterscotch Rice Krispie Squares