This recipe for Ginger Cookies is perfectly spiced, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Great ginger and molasses flavour.
My recipe for Ginger Cookies uses fancy molasses. For a bolder flavour try using cooking molasses or blackstrap molasses. These bakery style cookies will fly off the plate!
Making cookies is one of those simple things in life that bring back fond memories of baking in the kitchen with our Mom’s and Grandmas. There’s nothing that compares to a fresh batch of cookies coming out of the oven, and kids eagerly waiting for them to cool off enough to enjoy. These Ginger Cookies fill the house with the wondrous, spicy aroma of fall flavours.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus 1/3 cup for coating
- 6 Tbsp Fancy Molasses I like Crosby's brand
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven o 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and allspice. Use a whisk to combine all ingredients together.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and egg.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined. (don't over mix)
- Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 balls. (appx. 2 tbsp.each)
- Place 1/3 cup granulated sugar in bowl. Roll ball in sugar to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart, and using bottom of a glass, flatten down.
- Bake 350º F for 10-12 minutes until brown. Cool on wire rack.
Check out some more of my tasty cookie recipes