– HEMP HEARTS have an ideal balance of Omega 3 and 6, a full amino acid spectrum (provides complete protein), and a massive trace mineral content, high in fibre and antioxidants. Truly one of nature’s super foods.
Hemp and Chia Seed Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup multigrain flour
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips raisins, or cranberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter for vegan - 3/4 cup vegan margarine ex.Earth Balance
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg for vegan replace egg with 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
Combine flour, oatmeal, coconut, chia and hemp seed, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips and salt in bowl.
Mix together until all ingredients well combined.
In mixing bowl beat butter. (make sure you start with soft butter.
Once butter is beaten well add brown sugar and vanilla, beat on medium until well incorporated. Add egg and combine.
Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture on low. Batter will be thick, I usually finish off by hand mixing to ensure ingredients are well combined.
Use an ice cream scoop to get cookies same size. flattening slightly with fork.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 min