HEMP HEARTS have an ideal balance of Omega 3 and 6, a full amino acid spectrum (provides complete protein), and a massive trace mineral content, high in fibre and antioxidants. Truly one of nature’s super foods.
Chia Hemp Seed Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup multigrain flour
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips raisins, or cranberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter for vegan - 3/4 cup vegan margarine ex.Earth Balance
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg for vegan replace egg with 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 vanilla pod scraped
- Combine flour, oatmeal, coconut, chia and hemp seed, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips and salt in bowl.
- Mix together until all ingredients well combined.
- In mixing bowl beat butter. (make sure you start with soft butter.
- Once butter is beaten well add brown sugar and vanilla, beat on medium until well incorporated. Add egg and combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture on low. Batter will be thick, I usually finish off by hand mixing to ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to get cookies same size. flattening slightly with fork.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 min
If you love cookies be sure to check out my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe