Homemade Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars are healthy, easy to make and addictive! Simple ingredients like organic coconut oil, shredded coconut and honey.
I bought a large container of organic coconut oil, it is suppose to be good for you, right? Now what do I do with a large amount of coconut oil. Firstly I tried frying my Panko Crusted Chicken in it. No go, my husband didn’t like chicken tasting like coconut. Secondly, a friend said she ate it right out of the jar, a couple of teaspoons a day. No go, I felt like I was eating Crisco. Next came making a bar from it. Coconut chocolate bars are one of my favorites, so why not a healthy version. Huge hit, these Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars taste amazing! Simple ingredients sweetened only with organic honey. Now I can get all the healthy benefits of coconut oil in a tasty little treat.
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars
Made with Organic Coconut oil, shredded coconut and honey, a quick and easy recipe.Print Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 16 squares
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 12 ounces organic dark chocolate
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut, and honey. Combine well.
- Line 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into baking pan, refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and spread over coconut.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.
- Cut bars at room temperature to make chocolate easier to cut
Recipe adapted from Kasey's Kitchen
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 0.2% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 1.9% | Iron: 16.3%
Another great healthy snack recipe is my Fuel To Go Protein Bars