This is a perfect salad to serve with grilled steak or all on its own as a lunch dish. Next time you are asked to bring the salad for a get together, try this one, its sure to be a hit!
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds or sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 11/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Toss all salad ingredients together except for chow mein noodles.
- In jar mix together dressing ingredients, shake well.
- Toss together dressing and salad ingredients.
- Immediately before serving toss in chow mein noodles. (this way they don't get soggy).