Easy to make Chicken Pot Pie is incredible comfort food with tender chicken, vegetables topped with a light puff pastry crust.
Nothing beats a simple recipe for good, down-home comfort food and this incredible chicken pot pie fits the bill. When the weather chills we crave those great old recipes that our Mom and Gramma made. This recipe for Chicken Pot Pie combines vegetables with tender chicken in a savory homemade gravy. You can adapt this recipe easily by adding your favorite vegetables. If you prefer a pie crust can be substituted for the puff pastry crust. Have you tried my homemade pie crust recipe yet?
Another great way to switch up this chicken pot pie is to use leftover turkey. A fantastic way to use up leftovers from the holidays. In addition you can also freeze this recipe, but do so without the puff pastry crust. Add the puff pastry crust just before baking.
Incredible Chicken Pot Pie
Pure comfort food! This recipe for Incredible Chicken Pot Pie is exceptional. Tender chicken in a great stew of potatoes and veggies, topped with a light puff pastry.
- 1 package puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tsp water - for egg wash
- 4 cups chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 6 baby new potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add chicken and cook until done 8-10 mins. Transfer to baking dish.
- In same skillet add potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Saute until tender. Transfer to baking dish.
- Deglaze skillet with chicken stock.
- Add thyme, parsley, greek yogurt and bring to slow boil.
- Add green peas and corn to skillet, then add back chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- Stir together, then transfer to 2 quart casserole dish.
- On lightly floured surface roll puffed pastry to cover casserole dish with 1 inch to cover sides of casserole dish.
- Cover casserole dish with puff pastry.
- Brush puff pastry top with egg wash.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until crust golden brown.
Calories: 861kcalCarbohydrates: 74gProtein: 31gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 872mgPotassium: 968mgFiber: 6gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 4210IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If your family loves comfort food like mine does be sure to try another favorite Chicken and Dumplings