Pure comfort food! This recipe for Incredible Chicken Pot Pie is exceptional. Tender chicken in a great stew of potatoes and veggies, topped with a light puff pastry.
Incredible Chicken Pot Pie
Pure comfort food! This recipe for Incredible Chicken Pot Pie is exceptional. Tender chicken in a great stew of potatoes and veggies, topped with a light puff pastry.Print Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tsp water - for egg wash
- 4 cups chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 6 baby new potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add chicken and cook until done 8-10 mins. Transfer to baking dish.
- In same skillet add potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Saute until tender. Transfer to baking dish.
- Deglaze skillet with chicken stock.
- Add thyme, parsley, greek yogurt and bring to slow boil.
- Add green peas and corn to skillet, then add back chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- Stir together, then transfer to 2 quart casserole dish.
- On lightly floured surface roll puffed pastry to cover casserole dish with 1 inch to cover sides of casserole dish.
- Cover casserole dish with puff pastry.
- Brush puff pastry top with egg wash.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until crust golden brown.
Be sure to try this other family favourite chicken recipe Chicken and Dumplings