Chicken with sun-dried tomato sauce is super flavorful with a rich, creamy sauce. An easy to make dinner recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes.
The amazing sauce in this recipe is a combination of sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, basil, and white wine. I like to serve Chicken with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce with pasta. This dish would also taste terrific served over rice or even spaghetti squash. Add a great salad like my Avocado Citrus Salad to complete the meal. This is a one-pan recipe your family will love!
How to make Chicken with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce.
Can you use regular onions instead of shallots? Yes, although shallots have a bit milder and sweeter flavor.
What can you substitute for the white wine? I love the flavor of white wine in this sauce, but chicken broth will make a great substitution.
Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
Over medium-high heat melt butter with olive oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken and sauté until browned and cooked.
Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add shallots and cook 2-3 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine. Be sure to scrape all those flavorful browned bits from skillet.
Stir in cream, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and basil.
Add the cooked chicken into the sauce. Bring to a slow boil and cook until sauce thickens; about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Chicken with sun-dried tomato sauce is one of my family's favourite chicken dishes. Amazing tasting, rich and creamy sauce that is ready is under 30 minutes.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 shallots about ¼ cup, finely sliced
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour, shake off excess flour.
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté until light brown and just cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate.(keep warm).
- Add shallots to skillet and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with white wine.
- Stir in heavy cream, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Bring to a slow boil and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with pasta or rice.
Calories: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 26gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 175mgPotassium: 654mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1076IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Love chicken recipes? Try these other favorite recipes!