Chicken with sun-dried tomato sauce is one of my family’s favourite chicken dishes. Amazing tasting, rich and creamy sauce that is ready is under 30 minutes.
Chicken with sun-dried tomato sauce is a tasty combination of flavours with ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, basil and white wine. Serve with pasta or rice and a fresh tossed salad for a fantastic meal!
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Chicken with sun-dried tomato sauce is one of my family's favourite chicken dishes. Amazing tasting, rich and creamy sauce that is ready is under 30 minutes.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch strips
- All purpose flour
- 2 shallots about 1/4 cup, finely sliced
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour; shake off excess.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté until light brown and just cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate.(keep warm).
- Add shallots to skillet and sauté 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with white wine,
- Add heavy cream, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Bring to slow boil; cooking until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 654mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 22.1% | Vitamin C: 14.9% | Calcium: 4.9% | Iron: 5.3%
Cut up chicken, salt and pepper and dust with flour
Heat butter and olive oil in skillet, brown chicken 7-8 minutes
Remove chicken, add shallots and sauté 2 minutes,then deglaze skillet with white wine.
Add tomatoes, cream, basil. Bring to slow boil and cook until sauce thickens-about 5 minutes
Next add chicken back to skillet and cook for another 5 min.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pasta or rice.