Incredibly simple, this quick and easy recipe will guarantee you moist, tender chicken every time.
This oven roasted recipe cooks up chicken that is crisp on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. The panko bread crumbs results in chicken with a great crunch. Certainly a much healthier alternative to deep frying. Panko Crusted Chicken is a great family dish that pairs nicely with a side dish of Parmesan Oven Roasted Potatoes.
Panko Crusted Chicken
A simple recipe for tasty, moist chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- cooking spray I like olive oil cooking spray
- Line baking sheet with foil wrap, and generously coat with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Set up 3 stations (I use pie plates for this)
- Plate 1 - flour
- Plate 2 - mix together eggs and milk
- Plate 3 - mix together breadcrumbs, basil, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper.
- Dip chicken into flour, shake off excess, then dip into egg mixture, then press into breadcrumb mixture to get nice thick coating.
- Transfer to baking sheet to roast. Using spatula flip chicken after 20 minutes and continue to roast 15-20 minutes until done. Internal temperature of 165º
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!