This beautiful Eggnog Bundt Cake combines the outstanding flavors of eggnog, cinnamon and, nutmeg. A festive holiday cake that is so moist and delicious.
You know that the Holiday season has arrived when you can buy eggnog in the grocery store! In addition to making the classic holiday drink of rum and eggnog, eggnog is a tasty ingredient to add to your Christmas baking. I use it in my holiday desserts, Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies and Eggnog Cheesecake Squares.
For this Eggnog Bundt cake recipe I used my beautiful snowflake bundt cake pan. I love how a bundt pan can make any cake look elegant. Just a sprinkle of powdered sugar was used to decorate this eggnog cake.
This cake recipe is dense like a pound cake consistency, yet incredibly moist. I like to serve my cake with some fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream. An eggnog glaze or eggnog cream cheese frosting would also taste great.
Tips for making this cake:
- Use a pastry brush to grease the cake pan with butter. This will ensure you get all the crevices in the bundt pan. Next, lightly sprinkle with flour, then turn the cake pan upside down and bang the side with your hand to shake off any excess flour. Greasing and flouring the pan will ensure the cake does not stick when removing it.
- Use a spatula to spread the cake batter evenly and fill all the nooks and crannies of the pan.
- For the best flavor and texture use full-fat eggnog.
- Vanilla beans add exceptional flavor to baking recipes, but you can substitute pure vanilla extract.
- I use a whisk to fully combine all the dry ingredients.
- If you do not have a bundt cake pan, a 8 x 8 inch square baking pan or a 8 x 2 inch round cake pan will work.
More tasty recipes using eggnog
Creamy Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
*This post was originally published December 6, 2015. Occasionally I update with fresh tips, content, and photos. Current update December 29, 2022.
Eggnog Bundt Cake
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the bundt cake pan by greasing it with butter and lightly dusting with flour. I use a pastry brush to make sure the butter gets into all the crooks and crannies. Lightly dust with flour, then remove any excess by turning the pan upside down and banging the side with your hand.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Turn the mixer to medium-low speed. Add the flour mixture alternating with the eggnog. Blend just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spread evenly, filling all the crevices.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Leave a Reply