This beautiful Eggnog Bundt Cake combines the outstanding flavours of eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. A festive cake that is moist and delicious.
You know the Holiday season has arrived when you can buy eggnog in the grocery store! I made this gorgeous Eggnog Bundt Cake using my snowflake cake pan. Just a sprinkle of powdered sugar is all that is needed for decorating. There are so many tasty drinks and desserts to make with eggnog. You may also enjoy my recipe for Eggnog White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies or Eggnog Cheesecake Squares.
Tips for making bundt cake
- Use a pastry brush to grease the cake pan with butter. This will make sure you get all the crevices. Next sprinkle with flour, then turn cake pan upside down and bang the side with your hand to shake off any excess flour. Doing this will ensure the cake does not stick to the bundt pan when removing it.
- For the best flavor and texture I use full fat eggnog.
- Vanilla beans give exceptional flavor to baking, but you can substitute pure vanilla extract.
- I use a whisk to fully combine all the dry ingredients together.
Eggnog Bundt Cake
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease and flour pan. Use a pastry brush to make sure you get into corners with the butter.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- On med-low speed add flour mixture alternating with eggnog, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert cake onto wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Just a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a simple glaze is all that is needed to finish off this delicious bundt cake.
More great recipes that use eggnog.