If you like, Eggnog Cranberry Oatmeal can be easily spiced up a bit more by adding extra cinnamon and nutmeg. I added some dried cranberries for a nice balance of tartness to the rich creaminess of the eggnog. In this recipe I used Old Fashioned Oatmeal, but any variety will work, even steel cut oats. For steel cut oats you will have to cook for at least 30 minutes.
Eggnog Cranberry Oatmeal
- 1 cup oatmeal I used Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- In large pot add water and eggnog, bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle in oatmeal, reduce heat to low.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is evaporated.
- Serve with extra eggnog and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and nutmeg.