Bacon Shallot Peas are the perfect veggie to add to your Sunday dinner, especially with oven roasted chicken and mashed potatoes!
Bacon Shallot Peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen summer peas
- 1 cup bacon diced I use the more meaty sections with less fat
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cook bacon in skillet until slightly crispy.
- Add finely sliced shallot, cook until browned.
- Drain excess grease, add lemon zest, set aside while you cook the peas.
- Fill medium saucepan with water, bring to a boil.
- Add peas and cook peas 3-5 minutes.
- Drain peas add to bacon, shallots and lemon zest.
- Add butter and season with salt.