These Shallot Hasselback Potatoes are a tasty twist on a baked pototo. Crispy on the outside tender on the inside.
These impressive looking potatoes will be certain to wow your guests at your next barbecue or dinner. They go great with grilled steak or roasted chicken. Yukon Gold or Russets work great for this recipe, but even smaller new potatoes would be tasty. When preparing hasselback potatoes take care to slice straight down and not through the whole potato. This recipe can be adapted in all kinds of ways, try adding bacon bits, thinly sliced peppers or even cheese!
Shallot Hasselback Potatoes
Shallot Hasselback potatoes are a delicious and decorative way to serve baked potatoesPrint Rate
- 4 large potatoes I used new russet potatoes
- 4-6 large shallots thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash potatoes, cut thin slice off bottom of potato, this make a flat surface to prevent potatoes from rolling around on the pan.
- Place potato cut side down on cutting board and with sharp knife make thin even cuts through potatoes. Be sure to not cut entirely through potato.
- Place shallots between each slice of potato, sprinkling a few slices on top.
- Mix melted butter and olive oil together.
- Brush potatoes all over with melted butter and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, salt and pepper.
- Place on foil lined baking pan and bake in oven 400 degrees.
- Every 15 minutes or so brush with more olive oil and butter.
- Total baking time about 1 hour or until potatoes are done.
Another great potato recipes is Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes.