Roasting garlic mellows the flavour of garlic and brings out a rich caramel taste. I roasted up some fresh garlic for my delicious Perfect Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. An important tip when roasting garlic – do not burn the garlic as it becomes very bitter and unpleasant tasting. My cast iron frying pan is perfect to use for making roasted garlic.
How to make Roasted Garlic
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Slice top off garlic bulb. (do not peel outer layers)
- Place in heavy baking dish. (I use my small cast iron frying pan)
- Drizzle olive oil over top of garlic bulb.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top golden brown. (do not burn)
- Squeeze bottom of the garlic bulb to release the roasted garlic cloves.